Monday, April 28, 2008

Children of Heaven: Truely a Master Piece

Children of Heaven

Our teacher asked whether anyone has seen any Irani film. Everyone was silent, even me. I was feeling very bad, that why I haven’t seen any Irani Film. I had heard about the the Revolution of Irani Cinema, but didn’t know about any of the Irani films. Suddenly one of the class mates raised his hand and started telling about the Irani movie that he had seen. He started like this. “Mam I had seen an irani movie, its about two brothers and sisters. The sister’s shoes are lost by his brother. Then they share the one pair of shoes while going to the school….”
By this time, I got the flash backs in my mind. I said on impulse, with a bit high pitched voice, “Yes mam I have seen this movie too, in my childhood days…”
I was feeling very excited, first because that movie had touched my heart. I loved the movie, the simplicity in it, the feeling of love, and those cute faces (ALI and ZAHRA) the way they fought with those challenges was very inspirational.
Second that, i felt better to know that one of others have seen this movie too. After the class, I couldn’t resist talking about that movie with that class mate of mine.
When I came home, I talked with my siblings about that movie. I promised them that I will purchase that movie in one or two day. Then after two days, I purchased the movie, and I watched it with my family. Though the movie was in Farsi(and English subtitles). But the simplicity of the movie and outstanding piece of acting shown by the characters in the movie, especially that of Ali, didn’t require us to understand the oral language, because we were able to understand everything through the emotions of the film.
Well …I loved the movie. It was so touching; I couldn’t stop seeing it again and again. I think this movie should be shown in every school, the movie teaches us about love, care, and doing struggle for what you want to get. But I think I cant describe in words what this movie really teaches…its all about feelings…Truly a master piece.

No comments: